While diving offshore from Anna Maria island have you ever thought to yourself – “There has to be better viz somewhere!”
If you have then you should consider a week of diving on beautiful Bonaire, one of the ABC Islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao) in the Dutch Caribbean off the coast of Venezuela. Diving is superb, visibility less than 60 feet is considered “bad viz,” plus the dive package at the Plaza Resort Bonaire, and diving with Toucan Diving Bonaire, is a bargain at twice the price.
True there are cheaper options on the island but they don’t include 12 boat dives, luxurious hotel rooms, all your meals, and unlimited alcohol!
Craig Faanes and Cathy Hayslett are headed back to Bonaire during October 27 to November 3, 2018 and want to invite you to come along. There are three packages available and the price is based on room type: A Laguna View/Marina View room is $1466 per person in double occupancy; a Pool View room is $1568 per person in double occupancy, and an Oceanfront is $1810 per person in double occupancy. Those prices include the following:
7 night All-Inclusive Special at the Plaza Resort includes:
· Transfers from airport to resort and return
· Hotel room
· 12 tanks of boat dives with 6 days unlimited shore diving for each person
· Tanks, weights, belts, free Nitrox
· Daily buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner (all you can eat) with live cooking station
· All drinks, including house brand wine, spirits and beer (premium brands not included)
· Use of kayaks, snorkeling gear, stand up paddleboards, beach tennis, fitness center
· Daytime activities and evening entertainment
· Beach chair & Pool towels
· Room safe and WiFi
· All local taxes, service charges and energy surcharge
Toucan Diving Bonaire is a PADI 5-Star Resort where you can work on several certifications (Deep Diver, Night Diver, Rescue Diver, Underwater Naturalist, etc.) if you are interested. An added bonus of diving with Toucan Diving Bonaire is that it’s one of the few places in the world where you can earn PADI Lionfish Hunter certification!
American Airlines now flies nonstop from Miami to Bonaire (a 3-hour flight) making travel to the island much easier than in the past. There is a connecting flight available from Tampa.